Turnitin is integrated with a large number of learning platforms (CMSs / LMSs / VLEs / SISs). Several have partnered with Turnitin for broad use within the Turnitin community. Partner integrations are available to institutions that purchase a Turnitin license with integrations enabled. The available partner integrations are listed below.
If your institution uses a platform that isn't listed below, you can inquire with us to find out if an integration is currently in development or has recently been approved. Contact the Turnitin Integrations Team.
To find out about what's coming soon, see our API & Integration Plans
Turnitin Partner Integrations
Turnitin partner integrations include the following:
- Blackboard CE/Vista (formerly WebCT)
- Pearson LearningStudio (formerly eCollege)
- Studywiz Learning Environment
- Chalk & Wire
Where can I download the plug-ins?
Plug-ins developed and managed by the Turnitin team are available for download from within the Turnitin administrative interface. These include the Blackboard, Moodle, and Angel plug-ins. The remaining partner plug-ins are available directly from the partner organization.
Who can download the plug-ins?
Only the Account Administrator can download the plug-ins. Once you have purchased an account with us, you will automatically be given administrator privileges.
Where are the installation instructions?
The installation instructions are available on the platform integration pages. Choose your platform from the list above.
Can I install the plug-in on a server that is behind a firewall?
The server you install the plug-in on needs to be accessible by our range of web servers. If you open up your firewall to our range of IP addresses, this should allow your servers to be in contact with Turnitin servers:
IPv4 Addresses (*)
What version of the Turnitin integration plug-in do I need to use?
All the available plug-ins are listed on the platform integration pages (links above). The list details the required Turnitin integration plug-in for your specific CMS version.
Our institution is using multiple instances of an LMS with the Turnitin plug-in/integration. Is there anything that we need to do?
It is okay to use the Turnitin plug-in on multiple instances of your LMS, but for each instance of an LMS with the Turnitin plug-in, it should be configured with a different account ID. Here are the steps to do so:
- Login to Turnitin as the administrator of your institution's account.
- Under the main account, create a sub-account for each instance of the LMS for which you would like to use the integration.
- Configure each of the sub-accounts to use the proper LMS by going through the normal process (e.g. clicking the button in the "integrations" column for that account and configuring it properly).
- Configure the plug-in for the LMS with the proper account IDs and shared secret key that were created in step 2 and configured in step 3.
Can I build my own integration with Turnitin?
If you are interested in developing a new integration with Turnitin, you may inquire with us by filling out the New Integration Questionnaire Form. The Turnitin team will contact you to understand the nature and purpose of the desired integration.
Prior to starting work on a new integration with Turnitin, all parties must enter into a development agreement, or ConnectItIn contact, with Turnitin. The agreement includes an annual fee for on-going support of the integration once completed.
The process for completing and launching a new integration with Turnitin is as follows:
- Complete the New Integration Questionnaire Form
- A Turnitin sales representative will be in touch to discuss business synergy and system alignment
- Enter into a development agreement with Turnitin
- Turnitin will create an account for you in our integration sandbox environment for use during development
- Create a design document detailing the integration touch points and the associated API calls to be made
- Turnitin will provide guidelines for information to include in the design document
- Turnitin will provide the Turnitin API documentation
- Joint review of the integration design
- Joint walk-through of integration once development and testing is complete
- Turnitin approval/sign-off
- Once approval is given and both parties are ready, Turnitin will enable the integration in production for use
To inquire if an integration has already been completed and is approved, or is currently in development, contact the Turnitin Integrations Team.
How can I learn more about partnering with Turnitin?
If your company offers a CMS/LMS/VLE and you would like to make sure your customers can use Turnitin services with your application, consider becoming a Connectitin Integration Partner.
With Connectitin, commercial third parties insure that integrations with Turnitin are robust and provide the best possible customer experience. Companies that sign an agreement to join our Connectitin program are provided with integration guidelines, access to the Turnitin sandbox, and detailed information on our API. In addition, we work jointly with Connectitin partners on integration design, development, and testing, prior to release to customers.
Please review the information that explains how you can develop your own integration with our services, then complete the New Integration Questionnaire Form.
All product, organization and company names are the property of their respective owners.